OWLS & OTHERS FROM THE NORTH SHORE OF MASSACHUSETTS AND ELSEWHERE ACROSS THE USA

I'm an avid birder and nature photographer wishing to share some of my sightings & images taken while out in the "wilds" of Cape Ann and surrounding New England countryside. More images can be found on my web site at New England Birds Plus Enjoy, Phil Brown


"Click" on any image below for a larger version....


Comments & Question - nebirdsplus@gmail.com

New England Birds Plus Images on SmugMug

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Essex Yard Birds - Early May 2010

It wasn't until the 6th of May that I saw my 1st Ruby-throated Hummingbird at the feeder.
They arrive around this date each year with males showing up a week or so ahead of the females most years.

Other early May birds include Baltimore Orioles that come for the oranges and grape jelly that I put out for them.

The female Oriole in the photo below was gathering nesting material from last years milkweed stalks just outside the kitchen window.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and questions are always welcome!