OWLS & OTHERS FROM THE NORTH SHORE OF MASSACHUSETTS AND ELSEWHERE ACROSS THE USA

I'm an avid birder and nature photographer wishing to share some of my sightings & images taken while out in the "wilds" of Cape Ann and surrounding New England countryside. More images can be found on my web site at New England Birds Plus Enjoy, Phil Brown


"Click" on any image below for a larger version....


Comments & Question - nebirdsplus@gmail.com

New England Birds Plus Images on SmugMug

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hawks & Hummers to come..... August 28, 2011

 A young Red-tailed Hawk that flew over the house this weekend, screaming for food from its parents. Raised in the neighborhood with its sibling that I've seen on several occasions, I hope they stick around for the winter.


A late blooming Cone Flower with its attendant Bumblebee is always a welcome subject in front of the lens


A closer look at the not so little pollen gatherer.


I'll be making a return trip to Arizona in a few weeks and am looking forward to the many Hummingbirds that I'll encounter in the southwest portion of the state.

With any luck maybe I'll run into another White-eared Hummingbird.


I'll most likely see several Magnificent Hummingbirds like the youngster below.


and with any luck a few adult males like this beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and questions are always welcome!