OWLS & OTHERS FROM THE NORTH SHORE OF MASSACHUSETTS AND ELSEWHERE ACROSS THE USA

I'm an avid birder and nature photographer wishing to share some of my sightings & images taken while out in the "wilds" of Cape Ann and surrounding New England countryside. More images can be found on my web site at New England Birds Plus Enjoy, Phil Brown


"Click" on any image below for a larger version....


Comments & Question - nebirdsplus@gmail.com

New England Birds Plus Images on SmugMug

Friday, December 28, 2012

Late afternoon near miss.

A late afternoon drive through town found a well camouflaged Screech Owl roosting in one of the many holes I peek at as I make my way to and from the job site. I had to turn around and go back for a second look after glancing and thinking the hole looked a bit different than usual.


The colder conditions predicted for the upcoming week may push more owls to use cavities for roosting and give me a few more opportunities to share an image or two.

5 comments:

  1. That's one really well camouflaged owl Phil! It would have been so easy to miss. Great image too!

    We're suffering a very wet end to our wettest-ever year, and it's also windy today, so not much chance of seeing an owl - not seen one for ten days!

    All the best for 2013!

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Richard, I hope the weather clears up for all of you really soon! We're headed for a few inches of snow tonight and temps in the teens and twenties for a week or so, brrrr.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have owl radar :) I never have seen an owl in the wild (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andy, They're out there! This is the time of year to see them sitting out in the sun on windless days. The Corliss Brothers (Rte 133 Ipswich) Screech has been around again this year, more info at the following: http://birdsofessex.blogspot.com/2011/01/corliss-brothers-screech-owl-rte-133.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would highly recommend Mr Benjamin services to any person in need of financial help and they will keep you on top of high directories for any further needs. Once again I commend yourself and your staff for extraordinary service and customer service, as this is a great asset to your company and a pleasant experience to customers such as myself. Wishing you all the best for the future.Mr, Benjamin is best way to get an easy loan,here is there email.. / 247officedept@gmail.com Or talk to Mr Benjamin On WhatsApp Via_+1-989-394-3740 Thank You for helping me with loan once again in my sincerely heart I'm forever grateful.

    ReplyDelete

Comments and questions are always welcome!