OWLS & OTHERS FROM THE NORTH SHORE OF MASSACHUSETTS AND ELSEWHERE ACROSS THE USA

I'm an avid birder and nature photographer wishing to share some of my sightings & images taken while out in the "wilds" of Cape Ann and surrounding New England countryside. More images can be found on my web site at New England Birds Plus Enjoy, Phil Brown


"Click" on any image below for a larger version....


Comments & Question - nebirdsplus@gmail.com

New England Birds Plus Images on SmugMug

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Dickcissel - Sept, 06, 2011 - Essex, MA

A female Dickcissel visited the feeders during this mornings showers. I had another visit back on August 17. Hopefully the visits become a bit more frequent.


A brief video of the Dickcissel preening. The Sora calling in the middle of the video is just my phone letting me know I have a voice mail...:)


Another shot of the before it was gone for the remainder of the day.

2 comments:

  1. Just a note to say how much I enjoy your blog!
    What are you using to take your shots? The hummingbird shot (and the Great Egret) were truly spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm using Canon gear with a 500mm lens off the end of a 7D most days. Thanks very much for your very positive feedback!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments and questions are always welcome!