OWLS & OTHERS FROM THE NORTH SHORE OF MASSACHUSETTS AND ELSEWHERE ACROSS THE USA

I'm an avid birder and nature photographer wishing to share some of my sightings & images taken while out in the "wilds" of Cape Ann and surrounding New England countryside. More images can be found on my web site at New England Birds Plus Enjoy, Phil Brown


"Click" on any image below for a larger version....


Comments & Question - nebirdsplus@gmail.com

New England Birds Plus Images on SmugMug

Monday, February 20, 2012

Warblers and Eagles - Feb. 20, 2012

The Cape May Warbler I visited 2 weeks ago at Odiorne state Park in Rye, NH is still alive and well. I found it in the same area foraging around the storm tossed lobster traps.


A brief video, the brine flies weren't active yet, it was quite a bit cooler than my last visit.


I love the colors on this wayward warbler.


and it's ability to find enough food to make it through some of the cold nights of late.


Warmer temps for the next few days should help it survive until spring.


A stop at the Chain Bridge in Newburyport found a few Bald Eagles flying over.


This Cooper's Hawk shot was taken in February 2011, re-worked here using Nik Color Efex 4.0 I like the contrast filters they've added and to this plug-in, giving this photo much more punch.


4 comments:

  1. Superb image of the Cooper's Hawk Phil, but I just love that Cape May Warbler - what a cutie!!! And the sound of ther ocean on your video just fills me with nostalgia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Phil - this new verification process for posting comments on your blog is a bit of a pain! Even with my HD res. screen I'm having great difficulty reading the characters, last time it took three attempts before it came up with something that I could guess at!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Cape May as well with it's brilliant yellow colors and it's defiance to the winter conditions as it eeks out a meager living on brine flies.

    Richard I'm looking into the verification process, its not something I added to the site. Hopefully I'll find a way to turn it off but if there is one its not readily found in the settings.

    ReplyDelete

Comments and questions are always welcome!