OWLS & OTHERS FROM THE NORTH SHORE OF MASSACHUSETTS AND ELSEWHERE ACROSS THE USA

I'm an avid birder and nature photographer wishing to share some of my sightings & images taken while out in the "wilds" of Cape Ann and surrounding New England countryside. More images can be found on my web site at New England Birds Plus Enjoy, Phil Brown


"Click" on any image below for a larger version....


Comments & Question - nebirdsplus@gmail.com

New England Birds Plus Images on SmugMug

Friday, November 4, 2011

Screech Owl - Essex, MA

The 1st Eastern Screech Owl of the fall season found it's way into one of the boxes in my backyard today. It sat in the hole a few times though the day but was chased into the box several times by both Blue Jays, Chickadees and a few Tufted Titmouse. These were taken at the end of the day just before dusk.


A brief video of the owl as it watched both me and the birds in the yard. 1st at 700mm and then at 1000mm from the kitchen window with a curtain hiding my movements from the owl.


A close up as it watched the lens move in the kitchen window


and one last shot in the fading light before it headed off to hunt for the evening.


5 comments:

  1. Outstanding!!!! Luck you having such a brilliant bird in your back yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous. And in your back yard too!!! I may sound a bit daft, but that owl almost starts to look human as you watch your video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!! I'm hoping it sticks around for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Rid says - in your back yard! Fantastic. I love your shots of these lovely owls.

    ReplyDelete

Comments and questions are always welcome!