OWLS & OTHERS FROM THE NORTH SHORE OF MASSACHUSETTS AND ELSEWHERE ACROSS THE USA

I'm an avid birder and nature photographer wishing to share some of my sightings & images taken while out in the "wilds" of Cape Ann and surrounding New England countryside. More images can be found on my web site at New England Birds Plus Enjoy, Phil Brown


"Click" on any image below for a larger version....


Comments & Question - nebirdsplus@gmail.com

New England Birds Plus Images on SmugMug

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Red-tailed Hawk - partial albino - Essex - Mar. 12, 2011

I headed out this afternoon to check out a report of 4 Turkey Vultures on a beaver carcass along Choate St. in Essex, I found the beaver.... that had morphed into a muskrat along a wet area on Choate when a large white bird caught my attention as it soared by, disappearing behind several pines only to emerge flying right at me. The 4 shots below were all I could manage as it flew over.


A very cool looking, partial albino or leucistic, Red-tailed Hawk that appears to be an after hatch year bird. I hope it sticks around for longer looks and better photos, there's plenty of habitat in the area for it.



1 comment:

Comments and questions are always welcome!