OWLS & OTHERS FROM THE NORTH SHORE OF MASSACHUSETTS AND ELSEWHERE ACROSS THE USA

I'm an avid birder and nature photographer wishing to share some of my sightings & images taken while out in the "wilds" of Cape Ann and surrounding New England countryside. More images can be found on my web site at New England Birds Plus Enjoy, Phil Brown


"Click" on any image below for a larger version....


Comments & Question - nebirdsplus@gmail.com

New England Birds Plus Images on SmugMug

Friday, January 14, 2011

Bluebird Kinda Day.... Jan. 14, 2011

A Red-shouldered Hawk made an appearance in the yard this afternoon, announcing it's presence with several loud calls. I spent several minutes trying to get a photo without spooking it only to have it fly at a Mourning Dove on the deck a few feet from me... and yes the Dove did get away. A very interesting experience but alas no photos...

I put the camera in the truck, I was working after all, and headed out into the yard for a bit of scraping of the hard pack while hoping the hawk would make another appearance. No luck on the hawk but 7 Eastern Bluebirds were feeding on Winterberry in the parking lot. Needless to say I parked the truck and stuck the camera out the window. The Bluebirds went back to feeding within moments and I got my photos.
Lastly a young Cooper's Hawk started the day off before being chased from the yard by the Red-Shouldered

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and questions are always welcome!