OWLS & OTHERS FROM THE NORTH SHORE OF MASSACHUSETTS AND ELSEWHERE ACROSS THE USA

I'm an avid birder and nature photographer wishing to share some of my sightings & images taken while out in the "wilds" of Cape Ann and surrounding New England countryside. More images can be found on my web site at New England Birds Plus Enjoy, Phil Brown


"Click" on any image below for a larger version....


Comments & Question - nebirdsplus@gmail.com

New England Birds Plus Images on SmugMug

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Snow Birds - January 09, 2011

A bit of plowing in the morning (a Common Raven flew over making the plowing a bit easier) then birding in the afternoon. A stop by a roost hole on Great Neck in Ipswich found the gray morph Screech Owl in attendance.
A trip to the State Fish Pier in Gloucester found a Black Guillemot foraging quite close to the pier.
The view as it dives for a bite to eat.
A Red-breasted Merganser swam past as I waited for the Guillemot to surface.

1 comment:

  1. I checked in to enjoy your photos and noticed your comment about a raven fly-over at your house. I just want to add that I had a raven fly-over our yard today at about 10 am. It too was accompanied by a squadron of angry crows. This sighting is a 'yard-bird' - first raven in 35 years here! I have recorded a raven over the Manchester-Essex woods, however.

    ReplyDelete

Comments and questions are always welcome!