OWLS & OTHERS FROM THE NORTH SHORE OF MASSACHUSETTS AND ELSEWHERE ACROSS THE USA

I'm an avid birder and nature photographer wishing to share some of my sightings & images taken while out in the "wilds" of Cape Ann and surrounding New England countryside. More images can be found on my web site at New England Birds Plus Enjoy, Phil Brown


"Click" on any image below for a larger version....


Comments & Question - nebirdsplus@gmail.com

New England Birds Plus Images on SmugMug

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Bonus Birds - January 11, 2011

Working this past Sunday morning gave me this afternoon off. Starting things off was a Common Raven calling as it flew over the house, day #3 for this large corvid in Essex and later in the afternoon 2 more Ravens flying over Market Basket in Rowley. Next a Common Redpoll briefly at the feeder. Then a bit of time out and about with several Fish Crow at the Lawrence boat ramp along the Merrimack River.
Along the road in Hamilton this Screech Owl has used this roost location infrequently this winter.
and an image from Monday, taken off of Old Penzance Road in Rockport of a Barrow's Goldeneye (on the right)

1 comment:

  1. My goodness these pics are fantastic. Especially the screech owls,of which I've only seen 2 in my life.

    ReplyDelete

Comments and questions are always welcome!