OWLS & OTHERS FROM THE NORTH SHORE OF MASSACHUSETTS AND ELSEWHERE ACROSS THE USA

I'm an avid birder and nature photographer wishing to share some of my sightings & images taken while out in the "wilds" of Cape Ann and surrounding New England countryside. More images can be found on my web site at New England Birds Plus Enjoy, Phil Brown


"Click" on any image below for a larger version....


Comments & Question - nebirdsplus@gmail.com

New England Birds Plus Images on SmugMug

Thursday, January 13, 2011

That Didn't Take Long! - Missing Mourning Dove - Jan. 13, 2011

I checked the Mourning Dove carcass hanging in the entrance to the owl box a little after 6 this evening and then sat down to post the earlier note about the Dove and it's fate.... Well... an hour and a half later I looked out again and it was gone! A check of the other box in the yard found the Screech in the photo below checking out the yard.... Cool! Photo taken out the kitchen window...:)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Phil,
    nice to see your boxes still active.
    That owl looks different(redder,less black on the head) than the red phased in your header/title composite...seems to be a very owly neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos of the screech owls. I live in Michigan and we have these owls as well. Recently we have found the roost of 5 short-eared owls. I can hardly get enough of this very rare visitor to Michigan. I am out almost every day getting pictures of them as well!

    ReplyDelete

Comments and questions are always welcome!